Thursday, January 28, 2010

uuuggg..

Today I wanted to eat out so bad that I thought I was not going to make it. I had a hard day at work..very hard. I felt embarrassed and didn't know how to handle it. I will keep this about eating and my relationship with food so as not to wear you dear readers with heavy details.
All I could think about was pizza or Mexican food or both. I just wanted something fatty and decadent because I wanted these feelings to go away. I just needed to feel competent again and somehow cheese makes me smarter. Don't worry..I didn't eat out. Instead, I came home, got a hug, lied down, and am taking a mini vacation from music for the next couple of days.
Tomorrow's plan is a Nikoletta class in the morning (barring the blizzard of '10) Bfast, Chili for lunch, maybe a naked pasta..or chicken curry that I made (I was slightly grossed out by it so that might be a bust). I keep hoping that weight will magically fall off of me at an alarming rate but it seems slow. I am down a pants size now and smaller than I have been since 2000, but still I feel as though it is a hopeless amount to lose and I will never really get there. But, that could be because of my general mood right now.
I will leave you with one funny thing...I was at the post office and the guy asked me if I wanted next day or first class for my package. I looked thoughtfully toward the ceiling and said, "...hmm how much is courier pigeon or wagon train?"
He said.."umm we don't do that."
nice.

goodnight!

Roy

7 comments:

OldSouth said...

Roy: Believe it or not, you want the weight to fall off slowly. The rebound from from rapid loss is much more demoralizing.

And, remember, you work in Nashville.

The music business is not, shall we say, dominated by geniuses...

You're fine. Enjoy the snow, and cook something nice and stay off the roads.

OldSouth

Kari J said...

Roy,

You are an amazingly talented, smart, brave, loving, generous person and I honest to God think the funniest person I know (altho your lovely wife gives you a run for your money, in my book)! Your loving and adorable relationship with your wife is inspiring. Be kind and gentle with yourself. You two are my heroes.

Huge hugs!
Kari J in DC

Anonymous said...

hugs

Celeste

Amie V said...

ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Phillip Holland said...

I believe in you.

Tom and Liz said...

Hey Guys!

We wanted to let you know that we found your blog and as soon as we get into our new place and we're settled, we will definitely be inviting you over for dinner! It was a pleasure to meet you both and your friend. Stay safe in the snow.

Tom & Liz
http://gatl.in
http://tomskit.com

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! It was so great to meet you as well. Good luck with everything and we look forward to seeing your new pad! :)

Kristie

P.S. We are on Facebook, too if you want to find us there. Roy and Kristie Agee.