Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SHAKE IT

Well good MORNING friends! Today is the first tough day I face with the no eating out policy. I had to plan today because I have work in the afternoon then a gig tonight. THANK GOD!!!! BUT it just means that I carry my dinner around with me. It's amazing what the "Lil' Satan"tm on my shoulder says. "You'll look homeless if you carry your dinner"..."You were born fat and can never change"...or my favorite "People will think you are weird." Haha!  The last one amazes me since I am likely to do things like burst into a production number at any moment or ask if Avatar 3D is a "talky" (I've done both). The bully inside of me wants nothing good for my life. For example, this morning was emotionally charged (emergency business stuff) and I ALMOST didn't work out. The last ditch effort of "said bully" was: "your ears will get cold" ....yeah...my ears will get cold...screw it..let's go to taco bell. These are the leaps of logic that I have made for 37 years. SO in response to the "Cold Ear Conundrum" I wore ear muffs to Zumba. Sure I looked like a cross between Richard Simmons and Ed Asner, but by God, I got my exercise! So my plan for food today is to take a turkey sandwich, baked cheetos, and hummus with me this afternoon and eat it between the afternoon thing and this evening's gig. Oh...and the usual two gallons of water.

I will happily go about my day with the knowledge that I will do no harm to my health or my finances.

Thank you for reading!

Roy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I am so proud of you! We both had challenges today and we did the right thing. Keeping our finances in tact and doing things to make our bodies healthier. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Mark said...

Good for you! I've brown-bagged it to work for years. I go out and grab fast food for lunch only rarely (like once every other month or so). Granted, popping my ziplog bag (I'm not afraid!) into the fridge at work is easier than lugging it around, but they make nice lunch bags for that purpose. You can even get backpacks with a special insulated pocket for your lunch so you don't have to carry two things.

Plus, since it was cold enough to need muffs, you could argue that leaving your lunch in your car would keep it nice and refrigerated naturally.

And yes, this is Mark P in Kansas City. I'm pulling for you both!

mp