Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here We Go

I weigh 310 pounds. At 294 pounds, I will have lost 100 lbs. officially (I estimated that I weighed 420 before being weighed at the hospital after severe dehydration) My ultimate goal is 194 and beyond. I will have lost 200 lbs. and gained a life. Now, don't get me wrong, I HAVE a wonderful and full life but...what else is out there?
I feel as though I am in someone else's body. See, I never really had muscle tone anywhere so NOW I am always feeling my arm. I KNOW I must look like the most vain asshole to ever walk the Earth, but I assure you my opinion of myself is NOT that high. I just really can't believe it's me. I mean my arm and chest never really had any delineation. They are SEPARATE muscles?!?!? Oh! Sometimes, I put my hands on my sides and it freaks me out because it feels like something is gone. My upper body is a V??? I thought I was more of an O.
So, my first goal is weighing 294 lbs. I am SO close and I know I am supposed to be excited, and I AM but.....I am also afraid to leave the comfortable discomfort of three-hundredom. What I mean is, it's known. BUT, I will forge on and see what it is like. So here we go, I am not far! How will we celebrate? Maybe a buffet? Guess that's out. Ohh Ohh I know! We can go to Shogun's! ...hmm nope.
Also, I would love to get my readership up. A lot of you have said that the blog helps you and I want to help others by being EMBARRASSINGLY honest. So, if you have a friend who would like it, send them my way.

Talk soon,

Roy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roy,
I think what your doing is awesome!
Just read the entire blog. Keep it up man.
Mark

PS The F'n package is stuck in the F'n mailbox!!!!!

OldSouth said...

Keep it up, Roy!

All sorts of adventures await as you break three hundred and head toward two.

I've got 40 pounds to lose, and you guys are an inspiration.

I'm singlehandedly keeping the carrot, celery, mushroom and sweet pepper growers of North America afloat these days...

approachingperfection said...

I've been going to a woman who has me eating for my blood type. What a difference that has made! Like it or not, we are chemical beings and certain things that are good for you may be my poison. We're all on a learning adventure. I'm grateful you are puttting it all out there. It's an encouragement to the rest of us.